UK-listed independent Aminex has appointed an adviser to prepare a gas commercialisation study to assist with the development of the Ntorya field onshore southern Tanzania. Io Oil & Gas Consulting (IOGC), a joint venture between GE Baker Hughes and McDermott, will identify gas monetisation options available to Aminex, and its junior partner Solo Oil, including potential early development facilities to supply gas to the local market and to enable near-term revenue generation.

Aminex plc (LON:AEX) told investors it has hired io, a Baker Hughes unit, by commissioning a gas commercialisation study for the Ntorya gas discovery, in Tanzania, which was validated by the recent Ntorya-2 appraisal well.

It is anticipated that the study will identify the gas monetisation options available to the company, including an early production system which would allow Aminex to deliver gas to nearby customers.

Also Read:Attention Business Owners Entrepreneurs Seeking-opportunities-in-the-oil-and-gas in Tanzania

Longer term production is expected to serve the national natural gas pipeline.

The Ntorya-2 appraisal well, in March, successfully flowed gas at a stabilised rate of 17mln cubic feet per day, and it was suspended for future production. The discovery host some 466 billion cubic feet of gas, according to Aminexs estimates.

Also Read:  Visible-opportunities In-the-oil-and-gas-in Tanzania-in-the-middle of-weak-oil-prices

Aminex is, meanwhile, in the process of applying for a 25-year development licence for the Ntorya gas field project, and it says working with the Tanzanian authorities as it fast-tracks the project into production.

“Working with io, which is a joint venture between GE and McDermott lends further evidence to the importance of the Ruvuma basin to local Tanzanian markets.

The company continues to work directly with the Tanzanian government on the Ntorya development licence and is expecting to apply for this by early September.”

Aminex owns 75% of Ntorya, alongside AIM-quoted partner Solo Oil which owns the other 25%.

(c) 2017 Business and Financial Times – All Rights Reserved Provided by SyndiGate Media Inc. (, source Middle East & North African Newspapers

Hussein Boffu is a business consultant with experience in the oil and gas(energy)industry, business strategy development, business planning, research, due diligence, sales and marketing, project coordination, supplies and equipment procurement. He has a passion to help entrepreneurs and businesses in the energy sector to build, grow, and develop sustainable, profitable enterprises. So that they can create more employment and provide a good life for their families, employees, and communities. He can be reached via or Text/Call/WhatsApp +255(0)655376543

Comments are closed.