The East African oil pipeline (or the Uganda-Tanzania pipeline is the talk of the town now. Not only in East Africa but all over the globe.
The construction of this pipeline is officially on. Social and resettlement planning services have been undertaking it in Tanzania.
The sad reality is that people don’t know about the business opportunities available in the project.
More and more people keep wondering what the opportunities emerging in this project are and how they can be part of it.
“Do they offer equipment or provide services?” they ask themselves.
If you are among these people seeking to do business in this projects but have no idea how to get started, then no need to worry.
This article shows you some opportunities available in the project and how you can participate so that you can reap a substantial profit.
The Tanzania-Uganda Pipeline Opportunities
- Pipes and connection supplies: One of the opportunities in this project is to supply and manufacture seamless tubes and pipes (LSAW) and also supplying steel pipes.
- Chemical Supplies: For the construction of the pipelines, there are a lot of specialty chemicals needed, from corrosion inhibitors additives to scale remover to chemicals that reduce paraffin build up. You cannot run a pipeline without these things, and you can get them from China really cheap. Which means your profit margin may increase by 30-50 percent.
- Pipeline equipment supplies: These cover all materials that are required in the pipeline transportation system. It includes fittings, valves, scraper traps, insulating flanges, flow tee, pumping station, etc.
- Civil engineering works: These include building construction work, construction and maintenance of roads, construction and maintenance of drainage system, etc.
- Pipeline inspection services.
- Food supply.
- Security services.
Are you ready to utilize opportunities in this project? Here is how to grab the opportunities:
1. Identify the decision makers and influencers in this Uganda-Tanzania pipeline project.
The first step in pursuing opportunities in the Uganda-Tanzania pipeline is determining who the decision makers are.
Decision makers are the people who can approve or disapprove your proposal.
No matter how big a company is, there are decision makers who can approve or disapprove documents.
This can be easily achieved by making a list of key players in the project and starting to build long term relationship with them.
2. Demonstrate your experience.
You should demonstrate that you are the right person to execute the project you’re proposing.
You should demonstrate your capability and your experiences in executing similar project.
“What if my business is small and new n the industry?” you may ask.
Well, the answer is pretty simple. You still have a chance to tap opportunities in the Uganda-Tanzania pipeline project.
If your business is small and new, and you don’t have any experience or working history to be taken as references to the service you want to render, you should consider going into a joint venture with an experienced contractor in the oil and gas industry in such bidding venture. However inexperienced, you still have a chance to participate in this work.
You have learned the opportunities in the East Africa pipeline project and you now know how to access them.
If you want to learn more about the opportunities in the Tanzanian oil and gas sector and how you can grab them, click here to know more.