The truth is this, local entrepreneurs have existing capacity to participate more actively and with greater success in the proposed East African crude oil pipeline project as a key supplier of quality goods and services.
The reason I encourage the local entrepreneurs participation in the project is that you will bring huge profit to your firm, create jobs to our youth and we will achieve locally based economic growth.
The most question I am asked is this “Hussein you have written many publications about the East African crude oil pipeline project but it looks the opportunities available on the projects are for the large companies only with deep pocket.
If you had that feeling, too. Now here the list of services and products demanded by the oil companies and their contractors in the pipeline project.
You can offer these products and services and reap substantial financial benefit resulting from offering goods and services to the projects.
- High Demand Goods And Services For The Local Business In The East African Crude Oil Pipeline Project.Here are three categories of goods and services you can supply in the project]
1. General Services. These include everything from
• Basic professional services (e.g. legal and accounting
• Cleaning and laundry services
• Forestry and environmental services
• Landscaping and gardening
• Logistics and warehousing
• Mailing and courier services
• Personnel agencies
• Pest control
• Printing and photography
• Translation services
• Transportation services
2.Construction And Trade Services. It covers
• Air-conditioning maintenance
• Carpeting and floor coverings
• Civil works maintenance
• Fencing and paving
• Low-voltage electrical maintenance
• Painting and corrosion protection
• Road marking and signage
• Roofing and waterproofing
• Sewerage, stormwater, and drainage
• Simple mechanical maintenance
• Small vehicle maintenance
• Telecommunications and data systems
• Waste recycling and management
3.Goods wholesale Distribution and Manufacturing
• Appliances and electrical goods
• Automotive parts
• Cleaning supplies
• Construction supplies and hardware
• Food supplies
• Fuels lubes and greases
• Furniture and fixtures
• Laundry equipment
• Machined tools and spare parts
• Office equipment and stationery
• Small motor vehicles
If your business is one of those services, chances are you would get in the pipeline. The truth is EACOP is a free ride for anyone who wants to cash on it.
If you enjoy this article please leave the comment below.