The East African Crude Oil pipeline is one of the most glorified projects in Tanzania and East Africa. If you are wondering the progress of the project here is the status of the project,
Table Of Content
- Work Completed
- Next Steps
1. Study and Survey– Since 2015 the following study and survey have been conducted ali
• LIDAR started in 2016 and survey completed. To enrich your background LIDAR stands for “Light detection and ranging”. LIDAR is survey method that uses aircraft to identify micro terrain features that may channel into a narrow width or on steep slopes
• Pipeline geophysical surveys. Conducted in two phases, geology and geophysical survey. Started in October 2017. And completed in December 2017
• Pipeline Geotechnical Survey: Operation scheduled for 3 months and completed by end of December 2017
• Metocean —– Started in April 2017 and completed in August 2017
• Onshore geophysical survey———- Started March 2017 and completed in August 2017
• Onshore Geotechnical survey——- Operation started in December 2016 and conducted in two phases. And completed by end of October
• Nearshore geophysical. Operation started in March 2017 and completed by end of July 2017
• Nearshore geotechnical survey: Mobilization ongoing. Operation startup subject to temporary import approval
.Front-end engineering and design (FEED) study
A USA based firm, Gulf Interstate Engineering (GIE) has finished the Front-End Engineering Design (FEED) study for the East African pipeline project. To enrich your background, Front-end engineering (FEED is a basic engineering study undertaking in detail to obtain technical information about the project. It is an engineering activity that ensures the full project plan before submitting bid for project implementation
Front-end engineering and design (FEED) study include
• Design basis of the EACOP project
The pre FEED to finalize design basis of the project completed in May 2017. The review of PTR and Hazard and Operability( HAZOP) study is completed. And project standards submitted to government of Tanzania and government of Uganda
• Basic Engineering
Basic Engineering which enables competitive bidding will be completed by mid- October 2017
Here are the key requirements for the next steps of the projects
• Establishment of a pipeline company to run and operate EACOP project
• Negotiation of Host government Agreements (HGA) between the pipeline company and the government of Tanzania and Uganda
• Development of shareholders agreement
• Project Financing
• Start Engineering, Procurement and Construction
The pipeline construction will begin once the Final Investment Decision(FID) is reached
If you have any question, call my mobile (+255655376543, or reach out to me via Hussein.boffu@tanzaniapetroleum .com. I read all the emails.
The author obtained information contained herein from the sources he believes reliable.But neither implies no intends any guarantee of accuracy.
Actions you take as a result of reading the information are at own risk and the author cannot and will not be held accountable for the accuracy of the information and or the action of the user of this document.
If legal or financial services are required, please make use of the relevant party.
The author cannot be held liable or accountable for any losses or risks that may occur because of the use of information contained in this article, whether direct or indirect.